By Filler - Form Idwedgebt Tokenworks Inc Portable
Contact for Renew your Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The Details of Renew your Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
What you need for Renew your Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
To renew your Mass ID:
- Decide what type of ID you want – a REAL ID (valid for federal purposes) or Standard Massachusetts ID (not valid for federal purposes). Need help deciding? Try our REAL ID: Real answers tool.
- Complete your application online.
- Bring your required identification and completed application to an RMV Service Center.
Turning 21 soon? You may want to wait to renew until your birthday. See the 'More info' section below.
Fees for Renew your Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
Mass IDs can be issued for less than 5 years, depending on the duration of your lawful presence in the U.S. The fee will be prorated, based on the how long the Mass ID is valid. For a Mass ID, it will be $5.00 per year.
|Name||By Filler - Form Idwedgebt Tokenworks Inc Fee||Unit|
|Massachusetts ID Card Fee||$5||per year|
How to renew Renew your Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
You may be eligible to renew your Mass ID online. If eligible, you will need to provide your:
- By Filler - Form Idwedgebt Tokenworks Inc Name
- Date of birth
- ID number
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
- Email address
Bring your completed application, required documentation, and payment to:
Most RMV service centers accept cash, check, money order, and credit or debit cards. Since payment methods vary by location, check what’s accepted at the site you will be visiting.
More info for Renew your Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
If you renew your Massachusetts ID before your 21st birthday, you will receive a vertical ID with the words "Under 21" printed on it. However, if you renew your ID on or after your 21st birthday, you will receive a standard horizontal ID without "Under 21" printed on it.